Jesus is coming back soon! (See Romans 13:11).
The Bible is filled with the promise of His return. David Jeremiah in Jesus’ Final Warning found that there are 1,845 references to this event in the Old Testament and 318 in the New Testament.
Forty books of the Bible speak of the promise of His return. For every prophecy concerning the first coming of Christ, there are eight concerning His Second Coming.
The word “heaven” is mentioned 582 times in the Bible. It is real, a prepared place for a prepared people.
- A place for born-again believers (John 3:3).
- Glorious city (Revelation 21:11-18).
- River of life is there to ensure everlasting life (Revelation 22:1).
- The tree of life is there to insure abundant life (Revelation 22:2).
- The throne of God will be there (Revelation 4:2).
- It has twelve layers of foundation; each inlaid with a different gem. It has twelve gates with an angel standing guard at each gate (Revelation 21:19-20; 21: 12).
- The main street is of transparent gold (Revelation 21:21).
- It is a place for all eternity (John 3:15).
- Location of our treasures as Christians (Matthew 6:20).
- Our true home (Hebrews 12:22).
- Dwelling place of God.
Jesus testified, “Surely, I come quickly” (Revelation 22:20). Are you ready?